600 Iranian missiles said to be pointed at targets in Israel
(The Jerusalem Post) Six hundred Iranian Shihab-3 missiles are pointed at targets throughout Israel, and will be launched if either Iran or Syria are attacked, an Iranian website affiliated with the regime reported on Monday.
“Iran will shoot at Israel 600 missiles if it is attacked,” the Iranian news website, Assar Iran, reported. “600 missiles will only be the first reaction.”
According to the report, dozens of locations throughout Iraq, which are being used by the US Army, have also been targeted.
The Shihab missile has a range of 1,300 km, and can reach anywhere in Israel.
On Sunday, French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner said that the nuclear Iranian crisis forces the world “to prepare for the worst,” and said that in this case it “is war.”
Kouchner emphasized, however, that negotiations should still be the preferred course of action.
Kouchner, quoted by French daily Le Figaro, added that “Iran does whatever it pleases in Iraq … one cannot find in the entire world a crisis greater than this one.”
In response to Kouchner’s comments, Iran’s state-owned news agency accused France of pandering to the interests of the United States.
“The new occupants of the Elysee (Presidential palace) want to copy the White House,” the IRNA news agency said in an editorial. The editorial added that French President Nicolas Sarkozy was taking on “an American skin.”
Kouchner’s statements came just hours after US Defense Secretary Robert Gates reiterated the Bush administration’s commitment, at least for the time being, to using diplomatic and economic means to counter the potential nuclear threat from Iran.
1 Comment »
- Weekend Islamic attacks kill 37 worldwide Islam’s religious war injures 82 in acts of violent piety honoring Muhammad in the name of Allah, their god, worldwide
- Honor/terror killing brings jihadism to Canada Al-Qaeda active, deadly injuries average more than 100 daily
- Saudi king pardons teenage rape victim
- Bomb Squad Investigates Explosions
- Blast in Watsonville, heard for blocks, destroys city employee’s car
- Osama could be in Bajaur: Musharraf
- Ayman al-Zawahiri – al Qaeda’s Number 2.0 Man
- British Suspect In Trans-Atlantic Jet Terror Plot Escapes On The Run In Pakistan
- Iran indicates it is building another nuclear plant
- Weekend death toll of jihadist terror war: 66 Six nations targeted in Islamic efforts to destroy “infidels”
- CAN supporters sound off about Sudan Teddi tirades Son of supporter in America lives in England, wrote to London’s Guardian
- al-Qaida No. 2 Blasts Peace Conference