Four arrested for peddling uranium
(India Gazette) Four people were arrested here Tuesday for possessing uranium valued at nearly Rs.15 million and attempting to peddle it to criminals and terrorists.
Of the four, three belong to Himachal Pradesh while one is from Punjab. They were nabbed after the police laid a trap by sending decoy customers.
The accused were carrying a certificate claiming that the ore was indeed uranium. It has been sent to a forensic laboratory in Chandigarh for testing.
The accused told police that a former Border Security Force (BSF) official who had good connections with smugglers gave them the uranium.
They claimed it could be used to make explosives.
The police are questioning the group to find out if they have links with terrorist groups.
No comments yet.
- Weekend Islamic attacks kill 37 worldwide Islam’s religious war injures 82 in acts of violent piety honoring Muhammad in the name of Allah, their god, worldwide
- Honor/terror killing brings jihadism to Canada Al-Qaeda active, deadly injuries average more than 100 daily
- Saudi king pardons teenage rape victim
- Bomb Squad Investigates Explosions
- Blast in Watsonville, heard for blocks, destroys city employee’s car
- Osama could be in Bajaur: Musharraf
- Ayman al-Zawahiri – al Qaeda’s Number 2.0 Man
- British Suspect In Trans-Atlantic Jet Terror Plot Escapes On The Run In Pakistan
- Iran indicates it is building another nuclear plant
- Weekend death toll of jihadist terror war: 66 Six nations targeted in Islamic efforts to destroy “infidels”
- CAN supporters sound off about Sudan Teddi tirades Son of supporter in America lives in England, wrote to London’s Guardian
- al-Qaida No. 2 Blasts Peace Conference