Todays Date 10/10 – Jihad Boom Postcard Follow-up by the N.T.A.R.C.
October 10, 2007
(N.T.A.R.C.) On September 17th of this year, you may recall that investigators in Marion County, Fla., announced that they were searching for the author of nine postcards sent to different schools on the same day, with the words “9-11? 10-10 ‘Jihad-Boom” and cartoons drawn by hand, of a building being blown up with people inside.
Investigators released photos of the postcards with the threatening drawings on them in hopes of generating leads in the case and NationalTerrorAlert.com posted the images (link at the bottom of this posting) Clues in the case were minimal.
Deputies found an impression of the name “Matthew A.” on some of the cards, as if it had been written on something placed over them. That prompted the questioning of every Marion County high school student named Matthew with a last name beginning with “A”.
Fingerprints taken from the cards didn’t match any known prints in law enforcement databases, and a DNA analysis was sent to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement lab. The analysis apparently has not yet yielded any further clues.
As of today, there have been no arrests and no further information has been released regarding the investigation.
Several members of law enforcement suggested to us that if it was a prank by junior high or high school teens, more than likely the case would wrap quickly. They indicated that when kids pull these types of “practical jokes”, they tend to brag of their exploits and word travels fast. Thus far, that apparently has not happened.
Several of our readers speculated about the significance of the 10/10 date. Here is what a couple of you wrote:
October 10, 2002 – Congressional Authorization To Use Military Force In Iraq
A possible significance of the 10/10 date. It is the day the US Congress gave President George Bush authorization to use military force against Iraq.
October 10, 732 – The Battle of Tours – Epic War Between Muslims and Christians
A another and perhaps very significant tie to the 10/10 date is that it was also the beginning date for the Battle of Tours , also called Battle of Poitiers and “The Battle of The Court of Martyrs”. The battle at Tours was the turning point battle of the epic war between the Muslims and the Christians. This battle won by Charles Martel and his Franks stopped the spread of Islam into Western Europe. If Abd-ur-Rahman had won the battle at Tours and conquered even farther into Europe then the world as it is now might be different.
There has been nothing further to indicate that this was either a legitimate threat or a hoax and in all likelihood nothing will happen today. That being said… Remain vigilant and be aware of your surroundings. Keep your eyes open for any suspicious behavior and if you see something, don’t hesitate to report it to law enforcement immediately.
No comments yet.
- Weekend Islamic attacks kill 37 worldwide Islam’s religious war injures 82 in acts of violent piety honoring Muhammad in the name of Allah, their god, worldwide
- Honor/terror killing brings jihadism to Canada Al-Qaeda active, deadly injuries average more than 100 daily
- Saudi king pardons teenage rape victim
- Bomb Squad Investigates Explosions
- Blast in Watsonville, heard for blocks, destroys city employee’s car
- Osama could be in Bajaur: Musharraf
- Ayman al-Zawahiri – al Qaeda’s Number 2.0 Man
- British Suspect In Trans-Atlantic Jet Terror Plot Escapes On The Run In Pakistan
- Iran indicates it is building another nuclear plant
- Weekend death toll of jihadist terror war: 66 Six nations targeted in Islamic efforts to destroy “infidels”
- CAN supporters sound off about Sudan Teddi tirades Son of supporter in America lives in England, wrote to London’s Guardian
- al-Qaida No. 2 Blasts Peace Conference