London bomber twisted Belafonte’s `Banana Boat’ song to preach jihad to kids; song was twisted by terror camp leader Atilla Ahmet
(Dailyindia.com/ANI) London, Oct.12: Caribbean singer Harry Belafonte’s popular “Banana Boat” song was twisted by terror camp leader Atilla Ahmet to preach jihad to kids at the Jameah Islamic school, near Crowborough in Sussex.
Ahmet, according to the Daily Mail, called it his “Jihad Calypso”, and convinced children at the school to sing it along with him at a performance. That performance was later recorded, a court here was told.
The lyrics of the 84-worded song went as follows:
“Come Mr. Taliban, come give me kuffir…my Kalasnikov. Come Mr. Taliban, come bomb England… before the daylight come, you wanna see Ten Downing Street.
Come Mr. Taliban, come implement Shariah. Come Mr. Taliban, come bomb England before the daylight come, Insh’Allah, it will be done.
Hey Mr. Taliban, come kill the dirty kuffir, get rid of the haram, because we want halal.
Hey Mr. Taliban, boom, boom, boom, come bomb England before the daylight come. Insh’Allah, it will be done.
Ahmet, a former preacher at Finsbury Park Mosque, has pleaded guilty to three counts of soliciting murder in connection with a case now being heard at Woolwich Crown Court.
Mohammed Hamid and four other men are on trial accused of links to a plot to conduct terrorist training camps in the UK. They deny the charges.
Hamid is accused of radicalising the July 21 bombers by brainwashing them on paint balling trips.
The four other men on trial are Mousa Brown, 41, of Walthamstow, North-East London; Kibley da Costa, 24, of West Norwood, South London; Kader Ahmed, 20, of Plaistow, East London; and Mohammed Al Figari, 43, of Tottenham, North London.
All the men deny all the charges.
In August 2006, Ahmet told Dawood that Hamid had stopped his Friday prayer meetings because “things were getting a bit hot”.
In September, the group convened at their usual meeting place, a Chinese restaurant in Borough, South London.
Hamid and Ahmet went outside to talk and when they returned, Ahmet told the group they had been rumbled by the police.
Moments later, officers burst in and arrested them. A search of their homes uncovered material glorifying suicide bombers and beheadings, the court heard.
The trial continues.
No comments yet.
- Weekend Islamic attacks kill 37 worldwide Islam’s religious war injures 82 in acts of violent piety honoring Muhammad in the name of Allah, their god, worldwide
- Honor/terror killing brings jihadism to Canada Al-Qaeda active, deadly injuries average more than 100 daily
- Saudi king pardons teenage rape victim
- Bomb Squad Investigates Explosions
- Blast in Watsonville, heard for blocks, destroys city employee’s car
- Osama could be in Bajaur: Musharraf
- Ayman al-Zawahiri – al Qaeda’s Number 2.0 Man
- British Suspect In Trans-Atlantic Jet Terror Plot Escapes On The Run In Pakistan
- Iran indicates it is building another nuclear plant
- Weekend death toll of jihadist terror war: 66 Six nations targeted in Islamic efforts to destroy “infidels”
- CAN supporters sound off about Sudan Teddi tirades Son of supporter in America lives in England, wrote to London’s Guardian
- al-Qaida No. 2 Blasts Peace Conference