A Republican Presidential contender clarifies jihadist ideology, stops short of defining threats in America
(Christian Action Network) Huckabee made direct comments to “the war on terror,” characterizing it as a conflict that will demand an eventual winner.
In a published interview, he stated, “There’s no peaceful co-existence, there’s no accommodation, there’s no naïve nonsense that if we leave them alone they leave us alone.
“This is a war someone will win and someone will lose,” he added. “Whoever perseveres and whoever has the strongest will, will in fact win, and that’s why we can’t give up.”
An encouraging measure of understanding, but when asked by a CAN reporter at the weekend values summit about terrorist camps in America specifically, he replied, “Terrorist camps in America? I just know I don’t want to be in one.”
The likelihood of “another attack” seems to be strongly understood by all candidates, but their understanding of plans for broad-based attacks on many fronts that include waves of jihadist forces now based in America is not clear.
“There’s almost an inevitability, not just a possibility,” Huckabee said. “It will happen again. And it’ll happen because we face an enemy that is not a nation-state that can be contained within borders and boundaries, because their war is not about borders and boundaries.”
Huckabee described the threat as “Islamofascism” that he said “is rooted in a theocratic Islamic jihadism that seeks to destroy and annihilate every last one of us. It wants to establish a complete Islamic theocracy across the world and for that to happen it means our culture has to be completely snuffed out.”
The hunt for candidate comments on the threat of jihadism and its roots in American soil continues – and responses will follow on the CAN website, along with sought-for clarification.
No comments yet.
- Weekend Islamic attacks kill 37 worldwide Islam’s religious war injures 82 in acts of violent piety honoring Muhammad in the name of Allah, their god, worldwide
- Honor/terror killing brings jihadism to Canada Al-Qaeda active, deadly injuries average more than 100 daily
- Saudi king pardons teenage rape victim
- Bomb Squad Investigates Explosions
- Blast in Watsonville, heard for blocks, destroys city employee’s car
- Osama could be in Bajaur: Musharraf
- Ayman al-Zawahiri – al Qaeda’s Number 2.0 Man
- British Suspect In Trans-Atlantic Jet Terror Plot Escapes On The Run In Pakistan
- Iran indicates it is building another nuclear plant
- Weekend death toll of jihadist terror war: 66 Six nations targeted in Islamic efforts to destroy “infidels”
- CAN supporters sound off about Sudan Teddi tirades Son of supporter in America lives in England, wrote to London’s Guardian
- al-Qaida No. 2 Blasts Peace Conference