Presidential candidates are largely silent on jihadism in America
(Christian Action Network) Presidential candidates at the Washington Briefing 2007, Values Voter Summit Oct. 18-21 kept mostly to a scripted list of traditional “values voter” issues such as the sanctity of life, protection of marriage, morals in education, tax relief and judicial fairness.
Their politicking catered to a summit straw poll of the attendees, predominantly of Republican Party persuasion, for their support of the full field of candidates including Republican and Democratic contenders for their respective party nominations.
Republicans ran away with the results: the poll was a statistical tie between Massachusetts Senator Mitt Romney [1595 votes] and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee [1565 votes] with Texas Congressman Ron Paul pulling third at 865 votes and former Senator Fred Thompson fourth at 564 votes out of 5,776 cast.
Other Republican contenders are former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, Arizona Senator John McCain, California Congressman Duncan Hunter and Colorado Congressman Tom Tancredo.
Democratic runners start with New York Senator Hillary Clinton, Illinois Senator Barack Obama, Former Senator of North Carolina John Edwards and Delaware Senator Joe Biden.
Rounding out the DNC field are New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson, Connecticut Senator Christopher Dodd, Ohio Congressman Dennis Kucinich and former Alaska Senator Mike Gravel.
[See related stories and future updates on candidate views and comments related to jihadism in America.]
1 Comment »
- Weekend Islamic attacks kill 37 worldwide Islam’s religious war injures 82 in acts of violent piety honoring Muhammad in the name of Allah, their god, worldwide
- Honor/terror killing brings jihadism to Canada Al-Qaeda active, deadly injuries average more than 100 daily
- Saudi king pardons teenage rape victim
- Bomb Squad Investigates Explosions
- Blast in Watsonville, heard for blocks, destroys city employee’s car
- Osama could be in Bajaur: Musharraf
- Ayman al-Zawahiri – al Qaeda’s Number 2.0 Man
- British Suspect In Trans-Atlantic Jet Terror Plot Escapes On The Run In Pakistan
- Iran indicates it is building another nuclear plant
- Weekend death toll of jihadist terror war: 66 Six nations targeted in Islamic efforts to destroy “infidels”
- CAN supporters sound off about Sudan Teddi tirades Son of supporter in America lives in England, wrote to London’s Guardian
- al-Qaida No. 2 Blasts Peace Conference