Fargo police evacuate half a block after suspicious item found; A coffee shop owner found what looked like a computer with wires running to a mannequin’s head
FARGO, N.D. (AP) — Police evacuated an area covering about half a block in downtown Fargo after a coffee shop owner found what looked like a computer with wires running to a mannequin’s head. The area bomb squad checked the item and found it harmless.
Nancy Nerland, who owns the Moxie Java coffee shop, found the item behind her store early Monday morning, police said. Sgt. Mike Bernier said authorities were erring on the side of caution, and they called in the Red River Valley bomb squad. Surrounding businesses and a few apartment buildings were evacuated.
Lt. Joel Vettel said the bomb squad hit the suspicious device with powerful jets of water, and an examination showed it was harmless.
He said another mannequin’s head was found a half-block away, at the state’s only abortion clinic, jammed on an exhaust pipe, and a third mannequin’s head was found outside one of the federal buildings.
Federal officials have joined the investigation to find out who is responsible.
“What the person’s intent in doing that was, we do not know at this point. Obviously, it was alarming to at least one person, if not more,” Vettel said.
No comments yet.
- Weekend Islamic attacks kill 37 worldwide Islam’s religious war injures 82 in acts of violent piety honoring Muhammad in the name of Allah, their god, worldwide
- Honor/terror killing brings jihadism to Canada Al-Qaeda active, deadly injuries average more than 100 daily
- Saudi king pardons teenage rape victim
- Bomb Squad Investigates Explosions
- Blast in Watsonville, heard for blocks, destroys city employee’s car
- Osama could be in Bajaur: Musharraf
- Ayman al-Zawahiri – al Qaeda’s Number 2.0 Man
- British Suspect In Trans-Atlantic Jet Terror Plot Escapes On The Run In Pakistan
- Iran indicates it is building another nuclear plant
- Weekend death toll of jihadist terror war: 66 Six nations targeted in Islamic efforts to destroy “infidels”
- CAN supporters sound off about Sudan Teddi tirades Son of supporter in America lives in England, wrote to London’s Guardian
- al-Qaida No. 2 Blasts Peace Conference