Terrorists frantically concerned about Olmert’s health ‘We don’t want him to die before following through with his promises’
(World Net Daily) JERUSALEM – Palestinian terrorists today expressed frantic concern for Prime Minister Ehud Olmert’s health following media reports he would hold a news conference announcing the diagnosis of a medical ailment.
At the news conference, held at 1 p.m. Jerusalem time, Olmert told reporters he will undergo a surgical procedure in the coming months to remove the early stages of a “cancerous tumor” in his prostate.
Olmert told the packed news conference he would continue with his duties as prime minister and will not undergo chemotherapy or radiation. He said the tumor was detected 10 days ago during a routine checkup, shortly before a trip to Russia.
The prime minister’s doctors said the microscopic tumor was very treatable and the surgery was not urgent.
Prior to the press conference, television channels and radio networks today dramatically announced Olmert would disclose an unspecified illness.
Following the reports, WND’s Jerusalem bureau received calls from almost a dozen terrorists, including senior leaders, asking whether the online news agency had any information about Olmert’s illness and expressing concern for the prime minister.
The terrorists were all members of the Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, the declared military wing of Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas’ Fatah party. The Brigades, together with Palestinian Islamic Jihad, took responsibility for every suicide bombing in Israel the past three years and has carried out thousands of shootings, grenade attacks and rocket launchings aimed at Jewish civilian population centers.
“I don’t want him to leave office or die before he has the occasion to follow through with his promises of granting amnesty,” said one leader of the Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades.
Olmert in June granted amnesty to nearly 200 members of the Brigades and has been considering offering amnesty to hundreds more on condition the gunmen disarm and refrain from terror attacks.
According to media reports, most terrorists granted amnesty in June failed to disarm. Many reportedly have been involved in a spate of attacks.
Several terror leaders calling WND for information expressed fear Olmert won’t be able to attend a U.S.-brokered November Israeli-Palestinian summit at which the Israeli prime minister is widely expected to outline a Palestinian state. There has been a flurry of media reports that Olmert is contemplating handing over sections of Jerusalem to the Palestinians, as well.
Earlier this month, Olmert hinted he would be willing to divide Jerusalem, asking during a speech whether it was “really necessary” to retain certain Arab neighborhoods in Judaism’s capital.
No comments yet.
- Weekend Islamic attacks kill 37 worldwide Islam’s religious war injures 82 in acts of violent piety honoring Muhammad in the name of Allah, their god, worldwide
- Honor/terror killing brings jihadism to Canada Al-Qaeda active, deadly injuries average more than 100 daily
- Saudi king pardons teenage rape victim
- Bomb Squad Investigates Explosions
- Blast in Watsonville, heard for blocks, destroys city employee’s car
- Osama could be in Bajaur: Musharraf
- Ayman al-Zawahiri – al Qaeda’s Number 2.0 Man
- British Suspect In Trans-Atlantic Jet Terror Plot Escapes On The Run In Pakistan
- Iran indicates it is building another nuclear plant
- Weekend death toll of jihadist terror war: 66 Six nations targeted in Islamic efforts to destroy “infidels”
- CAN supporters sound off about Sudan Teddi tirades Son of supporter in America lives in England, wrote to London’s Guardian
- al-Qaida No. 2 Blasts Peace Conference