Bomb Scare: Suspicious Package At eBay Headquarters, 200 Evacuated
(The Post Chronicle) SAN JOSE, Calif. – Employees at the Campbell eBay campus have been evacuated after someone discovered a suspicious package Wednesday morning.
According to San Jose police, several people were evacuated from part of the eBay headquarters campus on Hamilton Avenue. Some streets near the intersection of Bascom Avenue and Hamilton have been blocked off, according to reports.
Police say a suspicious package was found on the ground floor on the east side of the eBay campus. It is unclear what the package is at this time.
Approximately 230 employees were ordered out of the building. The eBay headquarters is located in a business complex and is surrounded by a residential neighborhood.
Evacuated employees were told that they could go home or continue working in another part of the campus.
The San Jose Police Department’s bomb squad is on the scene. Further developments as they become available.
NBC Local 11 has a slide show here. This report comes nearly a year after someone set off a pipe bomb at an EBay office in North San Jose. No one was injured in the Halloween night blast.
No comments yet.
- Weekend Islamic attacks kill 37 worldwide Islam’s religious war injures 82 in acts of violent piety honoring Muhammad in the name of Allah, their god, worldwide
- Honor/terror killing brings jihadism to Canada Al-Qaeda active, deadly injuries average more than 100 daily
- Saudi king pardons teenage rape victim
- Bomb Squad Investigates Explosions
- Blast in Watsonville, heard for blocks, destroys city employee’s car
- Osama could be in Bajaur: Musharraf
- Ayman al-Zawahiri – al Qaeda’s Number 2.0 Man
- British Suspect In Trans-Atlantic Jet Terror Plot Escapes On The Run In Pakistan
- Iran indicates it is building another nuclear plant
- Weekend death toll of jihadist terror war: 66 Six nations targeted in Islamic efforts to destroy “infidels”
- CAN supporters sound off about Sudan Teddi tirades Son of supporter in America lives in England, wrote to London’s Guardian
- al-Qaida No. 2 Blasts Peace Conference