Anti-Terrorist License Plates Banned The New York Department of Motor Vehicles has banned a retired cop’s GETOSAMA vanity license plate, calling it offensive
(The Post Chronicle) The New York Department of Motor Vehicles has banned a retired cop’s GETOSAMA vanity license plate, calling it offensive.
Arno Herwerth, 42, a retired NYPD sergeant told the New York Post he is confused by the stance the DMV has taken, saying the state agency’s move is unpatriotic and political correctness run amok.
This is unbelievable, said Herwerth, It’s unpatriotic and absolutely disgusts me that anyone would consider that in any way offensive other than if you’re a member of al-Qaida.
DMV spokesman Nick Cantiello said the GETOSAMA plates violate a regulation banning any tag that is obscene, lewd, lascivious, derogatory to a particular ethnic or other group or patently offensive.
The federal government has a $25 million reward out for Osama bin Laden, who orchestrated the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on the United States. (c) UPI
No comments yet.
- Weekend Islamic attacks kill 37 worldwide Islam’s religious war injures 82 in acts of violent piety honoring Muhammad in the name of Allah, their god, worldwide
- Honor/terror killing brings jihadism to Canada Al-Qaeda active, deadly injuries average more than 100 daily
- Saudi king pardons teenage rape victim
- Bomb Squad Investigates Explosions
- Blast in Watsonville, heard for blocks, destroys city employee’s car
- Osama could be in Bajaur: Musharraf
- Ayman al-Zawahiri – al Qaeda’s Number 2.0 Man
- British Suspect In Trans-Atlantic Jet Terror Plot Escapes On The Run In Pakistan
- Iran indicates it is building another nuclear plant
- Weekend death toll of jihadist terror war: 66 Six nations targeted in Islamic efforts to destroy “infidels”
- CAN supporters sound off about Sudan Teddi tirades Son of supporter in America lives in England, wrote to London’s Guardian
- al-Qaida No. 2 Blasts Peace Conference