Defense Rests In Liberty City 7 Terrorism Trial
MIAMI (CBS4) ― The defense has rested its case in the trial of seven men charged with plotting to destroy Chicago’s Sears Tower and bomb FBI offices in Miami and other cities.
The jury will return Tuesday to hear a brief rebuttal case from federal prosecutors. Closing arguments could begin the following day.
Narseal Batiste is the alleged leader of the so-called “Liberty City Seven.” He has testified that he invented a fake plot to destroy the Sears Tower in order to con money out of a man who claimed al-Qaida finance connections.
Prosecutors say the seven men plotted to topple the Sears Tower and bomb FBI offices in five cities in hopes of starting an insurrection, although their plans never got very far.
The men face up to 70 years in prison if convicted of four terror-related conspiracy counts.
No comments yet.
- Weekend Islamic attacks kill 37 worldwide Islam’s religious war injures 82 in acts of violent piety honoring Muhammad in the name of Allah, their god, worldwide
- Honor/terror killing brings jihadism to Canada Al-Qaeda active, deadly injuries average more than 100 daily
- Saudi king pardons teenage rape victim
- Bomb Squad Investigates Explosions
- Blast in Watsonville, heard for blocks, destroys city employee’s car
- Osama could be in Bajaur: Musharraf
- Ayman al-Zawahiri – al Qaeda’s Number 2.0 Man
- British Suspect In Trans-Atlantic Jet Terror Plot Escapes On The Run In Pakistan
- Iran indicates it is building another nuclear plant
- Weekend death toll of jihadist terror war: 66 Six nations targeted in Islamic efforts to destroy “infidels”
- CAN supporters sound off about Sudan Teddi tirades Son of supporter in America lives in England, wrote to London’s Guardian
- al-Qaida No. 2 Blasts Peace Conference